Located in the heights of the charming village of Tourrettes sur Loup, this superb Bubble House is outstanding! The ‘bubble house’ of Tourrettes-sur-Loup, France, is only 35 years old and has yet to be finished, but that hasn’t stopped the French ministry of culture from listing it as a historic monument. Designed in the 70s by Hungarian architect Antti Lovag for fashion designer Pierre Cardin, the bubble house is futuristic yet organic, with lots of built-in furniture and oval, convex windows. The design is meant to take optimal advantage of the volcanic Côte d’Azur landscape, and its windows certainly provide a beautiful view of the Mediterranean.
Facing the bay of Cannes, the favorite residence of fashion designer Pierre Cardin. palace A non-standard, This unusual place of 1200m ² area consists of a lecture hall (500 seats), a reception room, a panoramic lounge, and 10 suites. Pools and gardens extend over 8500m ² of land. Floor to ceiling windows, walls windows, waving and everything is spherical. extend these feminine forms in decorating with furniture custom designed to fit harmoniously architecture by contemporary artists.
The panoramic lounge, the reception room and the 10 suites decorated by contemporary artists like Jérôme Tisserand and François Chauvin draw every guest into a weird and wonderful world apart. The 500-seat open-air auditorium with its 370 m² stage overlooks the Mediterranean sea with a breathtaking view over the Bay of Cannes.
The gardens, ponds and pools extend like the Garden of Eden over more than 8500 m². The Palais Bulles will provide you with an original setting for all your events, ‘soirées’, cocktail parties and TV programmes that will make people sit up and take notice.
- Gardens & Pools: This house sculpture color ocher fits perfectly into the site and blends with the color of the Esterel mountains. Overlooking the sea and dotting the terraces, pools, ponds and fountains.
- Amphitheater: The amphitheater of 500 seats of 370 m².
- Suites & Rooms: In the circular maze of the palace, we find 10 rooms decorated by contemporary artists Patrice Breteau, Jerome Tisserand, Daniel You, François Chauvin, Gerard Cloarec … They all have a different charm, a certain originality due to space the palace, and stunning views of the bay and gardens.
- Reception room: When you enter this superb reception room of 500 m², the eye follows the curves and volumes. This space is perfectly suited to the morphology and movement. ideal venue for this evenings can accommodate 350 people seated.
- Panoramic lounge: On a rocky promontory, overlooking the Mediterranean, the panoramic lounge is a invitation to dream with its large windows which become engorged light radiation from the sun and the waves.
- The house has panoramic views of the sea and is totally secluded, a rarity on its stretch of the Côte d’Azur.
Project name: Pierre Cardin’s Bubble House ‘Palais Bulles’
Location: 33 Boulevard de l’Estérel, 06590 Théoule-sur-Mer, France
Type: Villa, Modern House, Hill House, Luxury House, Concrete House
- 350 people for luncheon/dinner parties
- 500 people for cocktail parties
Project Area: 1200 sqm
Site Area: 8500 sqm
Project Year: 1975 – 1989
Completion Year: 1989